Experience Our Difference
Dr Mistry has comprehensive experience treating all aspects of hand related problems, including skin cancer reconstructive surgery. Treating Newcastle, Maitland and the surrounding region, we offer compassionate individual care and are here for you through every step of your surgery.
Common Hand Surgery Treatments
If you suffer from or have suffered from any of the following, Dr Mistry can help:
- Compressive neuropathies (i.e. carpal tunnel syndrome): Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that results from compression of the median nerve at the wrist. The most common way to relieve the symptoms of carpal tunnel symptoms is to relieve pressure on the median nerve in the wrist.
- Dupuytren’s contracture: A condition that causes one or more fingers to bend into the palm of the hand. Depending on your individual needs, we offer surgery or Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) – a medicine that can be injected into cords in the palm of your hand. It weakens the cords and increases the range of movement in your finger.
- Arthritis: The goal of arthritis hand surgery is to relieve pain and restore shape and some function. The two main surgical options for hand arthritis are fusion (arthrodesis) and knuckle replacement (arthroplasty).
- Hand tumours: Most hand tumours present themselves as a visible lump or bump on the hand or wrist. Surgery can be performed to remove the mass. Once it is removed, it can be sent to a lab for pathology to determine whether the growth is benign or malignant.
- Hand trauma: If you’ve suffered a hand injury at home, work, or playing sports (i.e. by falling, hitting your hand or slamming it in a door) hand surgery may be required to repair the tendon and restore function.
Please Note: We advise you to talk to your GP first to ensure you have a referral to maximise Medicare rebates and health fund coverage (if applicable).
If you’re considering hand surgery and would like more information, or if you would like to book a consultation, contact Dr Mistry on 02 4945 0507.
Information provided on Dr Mistry’s website is provided as a basic guide, it does not constitute a diagnosis and should not be taken as medical advice. Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks.